[Nfbf-l] Blind to Demonstrate in Opposition of Bus Cuts

Matt Roberts n9gmr at me.com
Tue Jul 25 23:59:45 UTC 2017

> On Jul 25, 2017, at 6:10 PM, Jorge Hernandez via Nfbf-l <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Local officials need to understand that we as citizens of our respective counties depend greatly on public transportation for our daily chores and what H.A.R.T. is doing is diminishing our means to be active in the Hillsborough community.

No, its based on money.  The answer is find other transportation alternatives in addition to public transit.  Don’t think government officials will give you what you want all the time, they won’t!
WE live the lives we want because we find ways to get things done, not have everything handed to us.
I'll give you an example. I volunteer for a local law enforcement agency in my county. Tomorrow morning I need to report to my volunteered job by 7:15 AM. The buses don't run that early, and I don't choose to call a favor into Votran to try to schedule a trip. My solution is to  pay $17 for Lyft to get there. Should I expect Votrin to change the bus schedule just for me? No, they won't do that.  IF the public bus and Paratransit were the only methods of transportation I used around here, I wouldn't go anywhere. Most of the time the schedules do not conform with the times I want to go places, especially at night and on Sundays.  If ou are taking what Votran considers a cross county trip, you better be on their schedule.
Who is going to protest this? It is wrong! On paratransit, we should be allowed to go where we want whenever we want within the service area. This does not happen in Volusia County.

Matt Roberts n9gmr at me.com