[Nfbf-l] FLAGDU division meeting announcement

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Mon May 15 14:47:34 UTC 2017

Dear Florida Association of Guide Dog User members and potential members,

The Florida Association of Guide Dog Users a proud division of the National
Federation of the Blind of Florida is excited to invite and welcome you to
our division meeting. Our meeting will be held on Saturday, May 27th
beginning at 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm. We will have cash door prizes and lots
of Federation fun! Membership dues are $5.00 and Tom, our fabulous
treasurer, will be posting a note to the list to give you more information
on paying your dues. Our agenda is packed full of great information, laughs,
and fun!   See below for some highlights:

Guest Speaker: Mike Hingson, Vice President of the National Association of
Guide Dog Users (NAGDU) will present "THE FUTURE OF GUIDE DOGS IN THE WORLD:
which will include the history of the guide dog movement in the United
States and how guide dogs fit into the growing service animal arena. He will
also share with us how to travel internationally with a guide dog.

Learn the rights and responsibilities of business owners as well as guide
dog users demonstrated through short skits. Each seminar participant will
receive a "service animal welcome" decal along with a newly created  two
sided flyer " Florida's Service Animal Access Law".  The flyer contains a
summary of the Florida state statute 413.08 which includes the access and
fake service animal  law components and the other side is colored photos of
guide dog users doing a variety of activities with their guide dogs.

The National Federation of the Blind's Rideshare Testing program. We will
share information about this important Uber and Lyft monitoring projecgt and
explain how you can participate.

Elections: The positions up for election are Vice President, Treasurer, and
one Board Member.

FLAGDU will have a 50/50 drawing and all who attend the state convention
will be able to participate since we will draw the winner at our banquet!!
What a great way to end convention by leaving with cash in your pocket or
having a great time after the banquet!

FLAGDU welcomes those who are currently guide dog users, thinking of
becoming a guide dog user, or is interested in supporting our division!

Please remember to keep Sherrill, our division president, in your thoughts
and prayers while she and her family go through the process of grieving the
loss of her dear mother. Sherrill will be home in time and will be attending
our upcoming  state convention.

Looking forward to seeing you very soon!

With love, hope, energy, and determination,

Merry C. Schoch

Florida Association of guide Dog Users (FLAGDU)

Vice President