[Nfbf-l] Critical Legislative Action needed

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Mon Nov 6 22:32:29 UTC 2017

                I am sending this message on behalf of Merry Schoch. Merry
recently got a new computer and this email address has not yet been added to
her contacts.

Fraternally yours,

Marion

Dear Florida Federationists and Friends,

We need your help!

The action request is below.  I will send out an email to the list this
evening with a word doc if you would like to use it to  send your
Congressional Representative an email.  If you need any assistance in
finding out who your representative is please let me know and I will get
back with you ASAP!  Warmly, Merry Schoch

Critical Actions This Week:

Action Needed Regarding the Proposed Tax Bill:
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (H.R. 1) was introduced last Thursday,
November 2, in the United States House of Representatives. Beginning in tax
year 2018, this bill will repeal the standard deduction for blind people
valued at $6,350 for the 2017 tax year. Please call your representative and
urge him or her to maintain this critical tax deduction for the blind as
soon as possible. The House Ways and Means Committee begins mark up on this
bill today, Monday, November 6. The best way to contact your member of
Congress is to call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask for
the office in question. Emailing your member of Congress is also a good
idea. If you do so, please copy JPare at nfb.org.