[Nfbf-l] New CP group & Kraftees Korner from Nov. Braille Monitor

Denise valkemadenise at aol.com
Thu Nov 23 15:45:48 UTC 2017

FYI for those who might be interested.

Krafters Korner:
Do you have a favorite craft? Would you like to learn a new craft? Would you like to share your favorite craft with others? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Krafters Korner is the place for you! Dues are $20 and entitle you to a host of free things throughout the year such as our email listserv where you can network with other blind crafters.
We also offer craft classes over the phone and by email. Classes have included: origami, knitting, crocheting, safety pin crafts, sewing, jewelry, soap-making, and plastic canvas.

Upcoming classes for November and December are listed below:

Wednesday, November 1, Thanksgiving Cloth, email
Thursday, November 2, Pony Bead Christmas Tree, phone
Tuesday, November 7, Pony Bead Indian Corn, phone
Tuesday, November 14, Pony Bead Pumpkin, phone
Wednesday, November 15, Knitted Miniature Cable Sweater Ornament, email
Wednesday, November 15, Pony Bead Snowman, phone
Tuesday, December 5, Holiday Pony Bead, phone
Thursday, December 7, Holiday Craft, phone

  Krafters Korner also holds Monday Chats. Join us at 8:30 PM EST for fun and information about all things crafts. We meet via phone conference and discuss issues related to the division and how others work at their craft from a blindness perspective. Call (605) 475-4000 and enter the code 966659# to join us.
For more information about Krafters Korner, contact President Joyce Kane by phone at (203) 378-8928 or by email at blindhands at aol.com. Join Us!

--------

A Group in the Planning:
Come, one and all, blind and visually impaired Federationists who have cerebral palsy, to assist in the development of an active, lively, independent, and vibrant group of blind and visually impaired Americans with cerebral palsy. The purpose of this group will be to provide techniques, networking, mentoring, problem-solving techniques, and mutual support for blind people with both of these disabilities. Our goal is to better understand the challenges these disabilities pose singularly and together.
Meetings will be held by conference call (phone number (712) 831-0000 followed by pin 999999 pound) on the first Monday of each month from 8 to 10 PM EST. The first meeting will be on December 4, 2017.  Exceptions in 2018 are: January’s meeting will be on the 8th; July’s meeting will be on the 30th; and November’s meeting will be on the 26th.

We hope to hold a face-to-face meeting at the July 2018 national convention in Orlando, Florida. To assist in developing this group, write to Alexander Scott Kaiser in Braille at 52 Meadowbrook Road, Brick Township, NJ 08723-7850. Also, my email address is NFBCPGroup at aol.com, and my phone number is (848) 205-0208.

Sincerely, Denise Valkema by iPhone