[Nfbf-l] Fwd: Can't Change My Number [Lyft] Re: Follow-up from Lyft Support

Matt Roberts n9gmr at me.com
Wed Nov 29 17:41:25 UTC 2017

> On Nov 29, 2017, at 11:59 AM, Marion Gwizdala via Nfbf-l <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> 	I'm not sure what the issue is about submitting your photo i.d. and why being blind is an impediment in doing so. I have a scanned version of my i.d. and, if a company needs it to verify my identity, such as a bank or other company, I simply either send it as an attachment to an email or print it out and fax it to them. If this is required of sighted folks to change their account information, why should we ask for preferential treatment?

Sighted help is required to create such document.  I don’t have this kind of help available right now.
I’m not comfortable just scanning something and sending it and hope it worked.  I need someone with eyes to verify the ID was scanned properly.
Lyft did not require me to submit photo ID when I signed up for the service originally.  NO other company has ever required me to submit photo ID when changing information.

Matt Roberts