[Nfbf-l] HR 620 - the ADA Education and Reform Act

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Tue Feb 20 00:32:33 UTC 2018

Dear Florida Federation Family,

I know I was very disappointed and disheartened when HR 620 passed. However, I know we still have a chance but it will take determination which I believe the Florida affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind has to work on the Senate side of the bill.  Below is a note from John Pare I wanted to share with you all.

I will put out another email shortly with the call in instructions for the Legislative committee meeting that will be held tomorrow night.

With love, hope, and determination!

Merry

Colleagues:

This email provides an update on H.R. 620, the ADA Education and Reform Act. The National Federation of the Blind, hundreds of other disability groups, AARP, and Governor Tom Ridge all opposed HR 620. Nonetheless, the bill was passed by the House of Representatives on Thursday, February 15, 2018. We will now need to turn our attention to the Senate and urge every Senator to oppose this legislation.

A detailed review of the House vote is provided below.

Thanks,

John

There are 435 members of Congress.

There are currently four unfilled seats:

AZ-8

MI-13

OH-12

PA-18