[Nfbf-l] Blind Parents of Florida Conference Call

Nicole D Fincham-Shehan nicoledfincham at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 21:24:30 UTC 2018

Happy Friday!!!!!

Are you a blind parent?  Do you know any blind parents? Are you unsure or have questions about being a blind parent?  Well, if you can answer YES to any or all of these questions, then you need to join us on our 1st Blind Parents Initiative call that will take place on Wednesday April 11, 2018.

This is a new group/division we would like to start in the Florida Affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind.  So, if you are interested or know someone who would be interested in meeting, talking and learn how other blind parents experience parenting and life, please be sure to be on the call, and please invite anyone else you know who would or could benefit from meeting other blind parents.

We are working on creating a mentoring/mentee group for our affiliate.  This would allow seasoned blind parents to share tricks of the trade with either newly blind parents or new parents who are blind.  This is a great way to bounce ideas off of one another and ask questions.

So that we are able to get as many individuals who are interested in participating in this new initiative, we want to try and have the call at a time that is convenient where you will be able to talk and get to know your fellow blind parents in your state.  I am hoping that one of these times will work best for you.  Therefore, we are proposing two times to have the meeting.  The first time is at 8:00pm and the second time is at 8:30pm.

Please reach out to me and let me know what time will best work for your schedule.  If you could please respond to me by March 21, 2018 with what time is better for you, that would be great!!!  Upon receipt of the responses, I will determine if we will meet at 8pm or 8:30pm, but the call will definitely be on Wednesday April 11, 2018.

Once the time has been finalized, I will forward the call in information to everyone.  Again, please share with anyone you know who may be interested in this new initiative.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.  I am so excited to be coordinating this new initiative for the National Federation of the Blind of Florida.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Nicole
Vice-President of the NFB of Palm Beach County
Coordinator of the Blind Parents Initiative of the NFB of Florida

Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan
Home Phone: 561-328-8191
Cell Phone: 410-493-4461