[Nfbf-l] blind and mute

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Mon May 21 01:05:07 UTC 2018

Hi Joanne, I didn't realize that Terry is dealing with such tough health
challenges. I am so very sorry about this news. I well remember when my dear
husband had ALS and could no longer speak. The only think I can come up with
is a Braille Note Empower which has a qwerty keyboard. They are tough to
come by these days because I need a new battery for mine and I'm going to
have to send the unit off for a new battery to be installed.
I hope you can find an Empower because sighted folks would need  the qwerty
keyboard. Then Terry could hear or read what others are saying and in turn
Terry could write to you and others about what he wants to say. I know they
no longer sell the Empower and to my knowledge there is nothing out there
that performs the same type functions. The Braille Note Empower would be
easy to carry around. I take mine to lots of places and find it extremely
helpful to take notes at my two Bible classes. Perhaps you could call the
National Center and talk to someone in the Technology Center in Baltimore.

I will keep the both of you in my prayers,

Kathy Davis