[Nfbf-l] RECAP, Blind Parents Connect Meeting

Nicole D Fincham-Shehan nicoledfincham at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 01:42:10 UTC 2018

Good Evening All,

I hope this finds you all well.  I wanted to send out an email and summarize our Blind Parents Connect Meeting tonight.

First and foremost, I want to send my thoughts and prayers to those of y9ou who are in the area expected to be hit by Hurricane Michael.  I pray you and your families are safe and sound.

Secondly, I wanted to discuss and give an overview of what we discussed in our meeting.

Topics Discussed were:
1.  Meeting Time: we are going to continue to meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.  However, instead of meeting at 8:30pm, we are going to change the meeting time to 9pm.  We know that our original meeting time conflicted with the monthly meeting of the Death Blind Division, so moving the time till after their meeting, we are hoping that more of you will be able to join our calls.  The new meeting time will take affect for our next meeting to be held on Tuesday November 13, 2018 at 9pm.

2. Topics for Meetings: we are gong to have a specific topic for each monthly meeting.  We plan to have various guest speakers from our affiliate and from outside resources.  Please let me know if there are any topics of interest that you would like for us to discuss during our meetings.

3.  State Convention: we would like to know if you will be attending state convention and if you will need childcare during the convention.  If you will need childcare, please let me know the age of your children.  We are trying to establish if we have a need at state convention and plan activities.  So please let me know as soon as you are sure if the need for childcare is necessary for your family.

In addition,I would appreciate it if all chapter presidents could make sure that your members who may be parents or expecting parents know of our meetings.  If there is anything else that I or our committee can do to help your members with children, please do not hesitate to contact me or pass my information on to them.  We would like to have as much participation in the Blind Parents Connect committee and be a resource for those who may need us.

Our next meeting will be on Tuesday November 13, 2018 at 9pm.  If you have any questions or concerns,please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.
Nicole

Vice President
NFB of Palm Beach