[Nfbf-l] ATAA Curbelo now cosponsor

Russell Davis russell at radiorusty.com
Fri Sep 7 17:19:00 UTC 2018

Hi Merry,

Thanks so much for the terrific news that  Congressman Curbelo has signed onto ATAA, (HR 1734).

As a point of information, I checked on the bills status using the website: www.congress.gov, and learned the following:

The bill currently has 84 co-sponsors in the House of Representatives, of which 10 are in Florida.

The list of Florida co-sponsors, and there House districts  is as follows:

Bilirakis - (12)
Curbelo - (26)
Demmings - (10)
Gaetz - (1)
Hastings - (20)
Lawson - (5)
Mast - (18)
Posey - (8)
Ros-Lehtinen - (27)
Soto - (9)

I encourage everyone to review the above list. If your representative is listed consider that to be a wonderful thing, and consider calling their office or emailing them to say how much we appreciate their support. If your representative is not listed, (and 17 reps. In Florida are not), contacting them to ask for support on HR 1734 is vital. If we somehow managed to get the remaining reps. In Florida to sign on as co-sponsors, we would most likely propel the bill out of committee, and move it towards a vote by the full House. Wouldn't that be amazing, and wouldn't that show how important Florida is in terms of legislation that truly matters.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read my little note,

Russ Davis,
NFB-FL Newsline, Committee Chair
NFB-FL Greater Jacksonville Chapter, Treasurer