[Nfbf-l] Alert!*Alert!* Committees of Faith - New Group in our Affiliate

Dean Martineau topdot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 21:49:27 UTC 2018

I think it is important here to make our agenda clear.  My wife attended
that Communities of Faith meeting at National.  Her impression, and I trust
her judgment, is that this was a group of Christians, not at all open to the
concept of people practicing other faiths.  Apparently the group was more
interfaith when it started, but is not now.  As one who does not practice
the Christian faith, she found the ambience in that national meeting to be
pretty much evangelical Christian.

So are you going to be pleased if this group consists, perhaps in the
majority, of Muslims, Jews, Baha'is, Sikhs and Hindus?  It can be very
difficult for some practitioners of certain flavors of Christianity to
really welcome such people, knowing deeply as you believe you do that they
are all in palpable error.  Nor is this the opportunity for you to
evangelize to those of other faiths.

So what is the actual viewpoint of these groups?

Dean