[NFBF-L] Let's Sing together at our 50th Anniversary!

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Fri Aug 21 20:59:09 UTC 2020

Dear All,

                One of the unique elements of the Federation movement are
our songs. Many of our songs are parodies: melodies of popular songs with
lyrics that tell our story, motivate our members, or rally our protests.
Others are original compositions. You will hear many of these songs during
our virtual convention from October 2 - 4. Plan to join us during our
virtual convention and be inspired by our music and our incredible speakers.

                It was suggested that we make a recording of our current NFB
theme song, "Live the Life You Want", to play during our Opening Ceremony
and at other times during our convention. to give us that in-person feel, we
are asking as many of you as possible to send us recordings of you singing
this song. Each recording will be mixed in my studio to make this recording
and I have no limit as to how many voices I include. I believe everyone can
sing; some just sing a little better than others! Please do not be
self-conscious about your voice because I will not judge you by the quality
of your voice. Individual voices will likely not be heard but will blend
into a large chorus that replicates the general session.

                What we want you to do is to pick up your smart phone or any
other recording device you have and sing along with the mp3 attached to this
message. Any audio file format can be used. Please do your best to have as
little of the original song on your recording as possible. I have also
attached and pasted below the lyrics. Once you have done this, you can
either text it to me at 813-626-2789 or email it to

Marion.gwizdala at verizon.net

I need to have all recordings no later than Labor Day - September 7. I am
looking forward to singing with all of you!

Musically yours,

Marion Gwizdala

Live the Life You Want (Lyrics)

Written By J.P. Williams

Performed by James Brown and the Cane tips

Live the life you want, nobody can stop you!

Shoot for the sun and break on through!

So you're blind;

You'll be fine,

We got good news!

You can live the life you want!

Yes we know the truth!

Grab a cane get trained

Gotta get movin'

Make a change in the wage,

That's what we're doin'

Come with me! Yeah!

Live the life you want, nobody can stop you!

Shoot for the sun and break on through!

So you're blind; you'll be fine,

We got good news!

You can live the life you want!