[NFBF-L] Washington Seminar

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Tue Jan 7 17:42:34 UTC 2020

Dear Florida Federationists,

We have had several chapters and individuals contact us about paying their own way to Washington Seminar. We have no objection to this; however, the expectation is that these individuals adhere to the guidelines presented to our delegates, as well as make all their arrangements I.e. transportation to and from DC and to and from the Hill, and arrange for lodging. It is exciting that there are so many dedicated to the legislative work of our organization.

Below I have posted the guidelines for attending the Washington Seminar, expectations of the Legislative committee, and the list of delegates chosen from the submissions of the chapter Presidents. Thank you chapter presidents for supporting this new approach. We value your input!

Washington Seminar delegates:

Denise Valkems. President

Merry Schoch, CoChair

Camille Tate, CoChair

Russell Davis, Jacksonville

Douglas Ingram, Tallahassee

Yvonne Rosenelli, Tampa Bay chapter

Debbie Malone, Statewide

Nehemiah Douglas, Broward

Tanya Dawson, Central FL

Tekesha Saffold, Palm Beach

Diana Oliveira, Miami

Bill Outman, Daytona Beach

If you attend Washington Seminar, below are the guidelines and expectations for all. I look forward to working with all of you to have a successful Washington Seminar.Below you will find schedule information to help when  scheduling your flights.

Monday, February 10th, 2:00 p.m., Mock presentations

All of the below are mandatory!

Monday, February 10th

Please arrive at the hotel by 3:30 p.m. to attend the training session beginning at 4:00 p.m.

5 p.m. Great Gathering In, sit with the affiliate team

Tuesday, February 11th

A day on Capitol Hill

An evening at the Congressional Reception

Wednesday. February 12th

Time on Capitol Hill

Travel home please leave no earlier, your flight, 3:00 p.m. or later.

Those who attend Washington Seminar delegates must attend two mandatory two hour teleconference calls, which will take place in January and early February, we have several scheduled. This training will cover protocols such as the need for participants to attend assigned appointments and fulfill specific roles at the meetings.

 Following the seminar, you are expected to send at least one follow-up email to a staff member who attended the meeting in the federal legislators office, must attend at least one follow-up meeting in the district office in order to garner or confirm support for our initiatives, and serve on the NFBF Legislative committee for one year. The team leaders will arrange all meetings for the delegation to visits the legislators.

Thank you all for your devotion and dedication to our organization.

With warmest regards,

Merry

Sent from my iPad