[NFBF-L] Conklin Center for the Blind in Daytona to close Friday after damaging state findings - News - Daytona Beach News-Journal Online - Daytona Beach, FL

townsend.lcsw at gmail.com townsend.lcsw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:41:45 UTC 2020

Unlikely, Ryan.

There have been a number of valued programs in this area that have been closed over the past several years.  It may be possible that Blind Services or, maybe, one of the Lighthouses might take over, but I would think that Blind Services would have negotiated this beforehand.

I am bown-hearted that this good program is now closing, especially as our Florida Rehabilitation Center has a historic reluctance to work with students with special needs.

JD Townsend
Daytona Beach, Florida Peninsula, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy