[NFBF-L] Braille monitor article

DENISE VALKEMA valkemadenise at aol.com
Mon Mar 16 00:17:41 UTC 2020

Posted for Andy

[NFBF-Leaders] Braille Monitor article

Dear Colleagues
To me, our tagline, 'Live the life you want,' means breaking free of
stereotypes and limitations imposed by Society and yes, even the
internalization of these stereotypes and limitations which we too often
impose on ourselves. It is an affirmative message, a potent antidote, which
counters the negativity we often experience when asserting our equality
with our sighted peers or when setting a course for ourselves, whether it
be in the workforce or in society at large.

Andrew C. (ANDY) Rood
President
Greater Jacksonville Chapter
NFB of Florida

—-
Denise Valkema, President  National Federation of the Blind of Florida
(305)972-8529
president at nfbflorida.org
www.nfbflorida.org
Follow us @nfbflorida