[NFBF-L] The Book Club Meeting

Diana Alves de Oliveira dianaoliveira58 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 19:46:49 UTC 2020

Hello everyone!

Last Thursday Camille Tate hosted our monthly Book Club.
It was such an enjoyable meeting that I did have to report here.

Not only we discussed Gary Wunder article in the Braille Monitor and the podcast with Melissa Riccobono, but we shared valuable information on services that can be really helpful at times of crisis.

I learned about the personal shoppers apps and, sure enough, decided to try them out today.

Here in Miami, at least within my neighborhood and some of my friends’ neighborhoods, we simply could not find eggs, as an example.

Shipt was able to bring me eggs, milk, half&half, and other items I was missing.

As Debbie mentioned, the lady kept in touch with me via text and then called me up to see if i needed something else.

I inquired if the service might include Costco, BJ’s or Sam’s. She told me, if I needed, she would do it for me.

This was super helpful, because my sons are working overtime due to the essential services nature of their jobs. Uber is being kind of scarce around here.

Só, I did appreciate this lady’s kindness.

Ask and you shall receive.

And I reccomend all members to attend our meetings. The takeaway is always positive!

Warmly yours,

Diana Oliveira
Secretary - NFBF Miami Dade Chapter
(305)988-2713