[NFBF-L] FW: [NFB-Legislative-Directors] Access Technology Affordability Act

Russell Davis russell at radiorusty.com
Mon Mar 1 22:59:42 UTC 2021

Good afternoon Florida Federation family,

I wanted to share some exciting news with you all concerning the Access Technology Affordability Act, (HR-431 / S-212).

Our efforts here in Florida are beginning to reap some fruitful rewards. As you will see in the below shown email, 41 members of the U.S. House have now signed on to the bill.

Of Florida’s 27 Congressional Representatives, 2 are shown as cosponsors, those being, Al C. Hastings, (Dist. 20) and Maria Salazar, (Dist. 27). Congratulations to all of those who met with Representative Salazar and with staff from Rep. Hastings office.

I am sure that many more Florida House members will be adding their names in support of this vital piece of legislation soon. I’m looking forward to keeping you all updated on developments regarding our 2021 National Federation of the Blind Legislative priorities. We will be holding a statewide meeting in the near future to bring everyone up to date and to keep the strong Florida momentum going.

With kind regards,

Russ Davis,

Legislative Director, NFB of Florida

Coordinator, NFB Newsline of Florida

Board member, National Federation of the Blind of Florida

Ph. 904-993-8433

Email: Russell at radiorusty.com