[Nfbkabs] KABS EVENTS

katie albinochick816 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 02:07:05 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,
I want to update everyone on what KABS is doing, and give everyone a chance to be involved.

On May 17th at 6:00pm at KSB we will be meeting to try introduce students to KABS.  We will be playing games with the kids and having snacks.  We need all the volunteers we can get so please come if you can.

Next we are putting together an entertainment/ movie basket to raffle off at state convention.  We will be selling the tickets through out the summer and at National convention.  If anyone has anything they would like to donate please do so by June 1st.

Right now we are also working on writing letters to gain corporate sponsorship.  If anyone has any idea's or has a contact at a company that can be used please contact the board and let them know as soon as possible.

Lastly, the first Sunday of each month at 8:30pm the board has there monthly meeting.  If anyone would like to call in or listen they are more than welcome to.  It would be similar to the open board meeting at state convention, so if you are not part of the board you won't be able to vote, however we will try and give members that are not part of the board a few minutes to voice their opinions.  The next meeting will be on April 5th at 8:30pm.  If you would like to call in we use a conference phone line.  The numbers for that are.
Conference Dial-in Number: (712) 432-0600
Participant Access Code: 1021099#

Thanks,
Katie