[nfbmi-talk] Labor Day Bridge Walk

Georgia gkitchen at gfn.org
Thu Aug 6 20:31:47 UTC 2009

Hi Fred,

I have been thinking of you all. Our company left today. We both need a rest
and to catch up on things. Peter got me set up with the new phone number.
Vickey Sipson moved to Virginia but is here for a month. She called me on
the number with a couple of things she needs help with. I will try to help
her get signed up to mytelespace and of course I can give her info to larry
so she can get Newsline when she gets back to vVirginia.  She is what you
say....high maintainance. This man from Detroit I signed up is a bit like
that also. What can I say we do the best we can.

I have 2 auction items for the auction at the convention--100 new radio
tapes like the ones Jenny bought and a  talking alarm radio sort of suitable
for a  person with some vision.

please pray for me with my stint with Leader Dog here at the house. I am
doing better and have someone practice with me and some times I practice
alone. Janet McGinnis works with me some of the time and has admitted that I
am doing better.

I understand anyone can buy an Iowa cane. I may get one but probably one
that is only to my shoulder because they are so heavy.

Well, we were at Ken's  brother's today and he helped hi m with some stuff
while I visited with his wife. She is quite nice.

His brother had an ostemy and doing fairly good vbut we have to take him to
Ann Arbor soon because they do not know what else to do with him here.

Larry  Povinelli wrote me and said he was going to Trinidad. That sounds
like a nice trip.

I am willing to volunteer during convention to help with braille, Newsline,
registration.  I really think we should have some kind of room to demo the
new newsline web  site. I hope Peter will speak up at the board meeting.

I hope there is a good turn out for the bridge walk. Being Two days  late is
tricky for us. A lot of driving for Ken. He has got spoiled by the train.

I have not heard from  Tonya. Hope you could get a hold of her.

I may go to the Detroit meetings possibly--that is just between you and i
for now.

Are you getting an I phone? They sound so cool. I like my Stream and would
like a knfb Reader when the price goes down and when it has been out a while
longer.

I am glad Camp T won that award from NFB. It  is wonderful.

There is a new  mab president. Do you know who that is?

wWe are taking my mom to Um the same day as the CIC. I told them I would be
gone. Please tell Donna or whoever is my sub for me.

See you later. Oh, by the way do you know of a resource where someone who
needs 4  infected teeth pulled out can get  some free or low cost help. I
can think only of the UM dental school. It is my friend Margot who has MS.

Well, I have burdened you enough with the world's problems around here. Have
a good board meeting.

Best,

Georgia