[nfbmi-talk] The word is Accessible

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Aug 9 03:07:43 UTC 2010

Anything is possable with these folks and others who fail to enforce our
civil rights under the Rehab Act (Title V), the ADA including Title II, and
IDEA. These folks don't perpretrate discrimination. That is the job of folks
like Cannon. Rather, and excuse the term, they turn blind eyes to
discrimination and simply fight for services on a case by case basis. They
don't handle systemic issues and chronic and pervasive discrimination. Such
is the rub now twenty years after the ADA, thirty three after 504 and 35
plus after IDEA.

But, pick a card any card and MCB and the likes of Cannon has in documented
fasion violated them all. Oh, yes and don't forget mandates under Title I of
the Rehab Act.

The trully sick and sadly pathetic thing is that Cannon and his ilc are not
only not chastised, or gone after, but in the strange world of the politics
of spin and the Orwellian universe of our political moment he is actually
applauded and lauded as a civil rights champion including being huffed and
puffed over his role on the ADA contrary to the public, and again documented
record of abuse and discrimination.

It is like giving a civil rights award to Bull Conner, or even to the KKK.

MPAS and CAP are like the sops in the old civil rights era for those people
of color who from afar watched while getting paid to enforce civil rights
and did nothing while people like MLK and other heroes did all the real
work.

Regardless everytime Cannon gets a pat on the back for access, civil rights
and compliance let alone profound lies and hyperbola I get physically ill.

We should not allow this Uncle Tom to get glory for his sins against us. And
nor should we allow MPAS, CAP and others in charge of enforcement and
reconcilliation to get away with their groos malfeasance.

In the first instance Cannon gets paid for violating our rights. On the
other hand MPAS/CAP gets paid to ignore the violations and documentation of
same.

Needless to say something is very wrong, on its face, with this picture.

Some people look at the glass as half full. Some look at it as half empty.
In these regards the bigots have dropped kicked the glass out of the stadium
and then use their power to white wash the obvious facts.

I promise you all this: I may not be able to fix the system. But, I pledge
to set the record straight.

Peace,

Joe