[nfbmi-talk] FW: August LSBPH Computer Club

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Wed Aug 11 16:38:53 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Norris [mailto:norriss5 at michigan.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:59 AM
To: Bob Blakes; Susan Chinault; Meagan Daniels; Wendy Flournoy; Trendell
Gobert; Scott Norris; Terence Rose; Julie Shaffer; Kim Szczepaniak; Nancy
Verburg; Andrew Wilson
Subject: August LSBPH Computer Club

Good Morning All,

This Saturday, August 14 the LSBPH Computer Club meets to discuss copying
music from a CD and downloading music from the Internet for playback on the
Victor Stream, BookSense, and NLS digital talking book players.  You can use
the same techniques for downloading on to other types of playback devices.

We meet from 10:30-12:30 in the LSBPH public service area located on the
first floor of the Library of Michigan across from the elevators.  This
month we will meet online for the second time.

We have purchased a 25 seat Opal online meeting room to make the LSBPH
Computer Club accessible over the Internet.  If you have a computer with a
microphone and speakers you will be able to talk to us as well as hear the
club meeting in its' entirety.  if you do not have a microphone you can send
text messages to us via your computer.  When you are logged in to the Opal
Online Meeting room you can press the f8 key that will take you to an area
of the screen where you can type in a text message.  type in your message
and press enter to send it.  If you want to talk to us and have a microphone
connected to your computer press and hold the Control Key to activate the
microphone.  The Opal Online Meeting room is moderated to ensure
participation flows smoothly.

To participate over the Internet you need a computer with high-speed
Internet access, speakers, and a microphone which is optional.  Below is the
URL to the LSBPH Opal Online Meeting room along with more information.

The URL to enter the LSBPH online room is:

http://www.conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rsb8c86b1df295
Users of the LSBPH online room may enter any username they wish.  To enter
the room as a regular participant, please leave the password field blank

A software plug-in is required for full access to tcConference, the
webconferencing software from a company
called Talking Communities that powers OPAL.  The entry page to the LSBPH
OPAL room contains helpful
information about the plug-in.  A no-plugin-required web interface also is
available for Mac, Linux, and MS users
who cannot (or prefer not to) install the software plug-in.  Please note,
however, that not all OPAL features are available through the web interface.

If you have questions you may contact me at the information listed below.

Access to the Opal Online Meeting Room has been made possible through a
grant from the Library of Michigan Foundation.

See or talk to you on Saturday,

Scott

Scott J Norris
Adaptive Technology Librarian
Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Michigan Commission for the Blind
Department of Energy, labor, and Economic Growth
702 West Kalamazoo Street
P.O. Box 30007
Lansing, MI 48909-7507
v: 517-373-5516