[nfbmi-talk] this case goes to ludicrious foia denials

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 22:37:15 UTC 2010

August 31, 2010

Colleagues,

Read this case carefully in that it goes to the core of denials of both the RSA monitoring preliminary report and, more     importantly to the requested responses that were supposed to be both factual and are clearly in the public interest.Moreover, you the members of the Michigan Commission for the Blind have the right to this information and in fact under the Rehabilitation Act MCB is required to give it to you. This information goes to such things as required comprehensive needs assessments, performance standards and indicators, and of course ultimately the monitoring is all about whether or not MCB is complying with its State Plan.

Not only do you have the right to this information, but you have a legal and fiduciary responsibility to act upon it.

I think that your eyes have been opened when you received some financial information which you should have had all along. You're eyes were opened to abuses of process, including due process when you received the transcripts of those ALJ decisions.

All of our eyes need to be exposed to other vital information. For the fundamental reason for "sunshine laws" such as the OMA and FOIA are to root out waste, fraud, and abuse by public entities and, thus to ensure that they act in the public.

Time is short to save this commission. I would hope that you the good commissioners of MCB would do your do diligence to ensure that you are informed and that the public also gets important information.

Very Respectfully,

Joe Harcz