[nfbmi-talk] The Last Minute Late Night College Policy

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 21:48:28 UTC 2010

Hi Elizabeth,

As I understand, the dates are july 1 for Geri to post the revised policy.
July 15 is the deadline for comments.  July 18 is the date for posting the
revised revision.

Now, regarding our response.  We adopted your draft with a few adjustments
as NFBM policyl.  That stands.  We should discuss this at the board meeting,
tonight.I think most of our ideas were included in the meeting on Monday
with the major exception of the time limit.  I was, at the time, and remain
opposed to the time limit, based primarily on Lydia's comments.  She is
right on about how that limit excludes people with issues that limit or
prevent them from completing college in a set length  of time.  Added to
that, the colleges have limits as described by Virginia Marx on Monday.
This should be left between the college, the student and their counselor to
work out.

I have to go catch a ride, but call in tonight for a more detailed
conversation.

Warmest Regards,

Fred