[nfbmi-talk] Volunteering at Camp Tuhsmeheta

Christine Boone Christine_Boone at comcast.net
Tue May 25 00:35:09 UTC 2010

J.J.,
The dates for the science camp weekend are actually July 19 through 23.
When we chose those dates, we did not know about the technology weekend, and
we were working with our volunteer science teacher to find a suitable date.
As you know, the MPVI has traditionally held its convention in September, so
I did not anticipate this conflict.  I am still supposed to be on the
mailing list for the QET, which is the Education Task-force that was started
as a consortium of persons and organizations interested in the education of
blind children in Michigan.  Most of the mailings from the MPVI come over
that list...but it appears that I have been dropped from the QET list.

I am really sorry, and I want to make lemonade from this predicament if we
can.  If parents already have their children in Grand Rapids for the Tech
weekend, could they not perhaps bring them to Camp T on Sunday night?  We
were thinking that the proximity of the Camp to GR might offer an
opportunity.  Sunday was selected as the check-in day, because  would not be
working and this would be convenient for them.  We certainly could
conceivably shift the start date to Monday July 20, and run through Friday
the 24th.

Anyway, that is the story here.  I would like very much to work with Gwen,
and others who are instrumental in the Tech weekend,  on coordinating this
for kids who are interested and who would be impacted by the weekend event.

Hope this makes some sense.

Christine

At any rate, we had