[nfbmi-talk] U of M toy Survey and more

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Sun Nov 14 00:26:08 UTC 2010

Below is a link to a survey by some students at the University of Michigan
who are charged with designing a toy for a child who is blind or has a
visual impairment.  Very little research is ever done on our kids, so I
think it is very important that we all complete this survey.  They need it
returned by this coming Friday, Nov 19, if at all possible, so if you can
take about 20 minutes to do it right now that would be great.  I did the
survey this morning, and it is a good one, so please don't hesitate to fill
it out.

Survey <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TNFQL62>  for Parents of Blind and
Visually Impaired Children

Also,  if you're looking for resources about fun, accessible games and
activities for the holiday season to share with the families of children and
teenagers who are blind or visually impaired, FamilyConnect offers a number
of resources at www.FamilyConnect.org/holidays.

AFB also offers AccessWorldR (www.afb.org/aw/main.asp), AFB's free, online
publication. This month's issue is dedicated to gift giving with several
articles featuring gift ideas ranging from low-tech household items to
high-tech productivity tools; a run-down on accessible toys and games; and a
virtual tour and reviews of popular online shopping sites with advice, tips,
and tricks to get the most from your online holiday shopping experience.

Braille Gifts, a Michigan business, is also a great resource for holiday
gifts.  Perkins School for the Blind also has gifts on their website.  I'm
sure there are many more!!!