[nfbmi-talk] accessable info and meetings

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Sep 1 02:00:33 UTC 2010

August 31, 2010

Commissioners:

You have seen me ask for pertinent, timely, and accessible information. Mr. Cannon has stonewalled, flipped obligations under the ADA, 504, the OMA and FOIA on their heads. But, these segments relate to Title I, of the very Rehabilitation Act of 1973 final rule that creates, funds and authorizes MCB to begin with.

As commissioners you should direct this scofflaw director to remit public and accessable information forthwith.

Sincerely,

Joe Harcz

Attached relevant segments from the rules I sent you all:

>From Rehab Act Rules Related to Information and Meetings

State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program; 34 CFR Part 361 Final regulations [OSERS][Federal Register: January 17, 2001 (Volume 66, Number 11)]

[Rules and Regulations]

    (e) Appropriate modes of communication. The State unit must provide

to the public, through appropriate modes of communication, notices of

the public meetings, any materials furnished prior to or during the

public meetings, and the policies and procedures governing the

provision of vocational rehabilitation services under the State plan.

(Authority: Sections 101(a)(16)(A) and 105(c)(3) of the Act; 29

U.S.C. 721(a)(16)(A), and 725(c)(3))

    (j) Meetings. The Council must--

    (1) Convene at least four meetings a year in locations determined

by the Council to be necessary to conduct Council business. The

meetings must be publicly announced, open, and accessible to the

general public, including individuals with disabilities, unless there

is a valid reason for an executive session; and

    (2) Conduct forums or hearings, as appropriate, that are publicly

announced, open, and accessible to the public, including individuals

with disabilities.

    (k) Compensation. Funds appropriated under Title I of the Act,

except funds to carry out sections 112 and 121 of the Act, may be used

to compensate and reimburse the expenses of Council members in

accordance with section 105(g) of the Act.

(Authority: Section 105 of the Act; 29 U.S.C. 725)

[[Page 4394]]