[nfbmi-talk] rehab counselors

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 02:08:00 UTC 2011

Hi Fred, Cheryl, and All,

I cannot say how much I generally agree with you, Fred in basic "first
principles". I cannot say how much as well as how I aggree or approve of
Cheryls' basic inquiries as well. In addition I agree with the comments of
Larry too. None are incorrect. In fact all loolk at this thing as the
holistic thing it is supposed to be if you all catch my drift here.

Regardless, Cheryl the problem is not with the individual counselor and I'm
sorry if I in any manner led to that perception. Of course, there are good
and bad ind indifferent counselors in any field and to be sure, after years
there are known burnouts too. But, that issue to the side most counselors,
including those in MCB are goodly and dedicated sorts. I have no issue with
that per se.

What my point is and has always been since I appeared upon the seen back in
Michigan as consumer, advocate and nominal professional is that the buck
stops at the top. And here in Michigan we don't even do the Rehab Act basics
(and there would be no MCB without the rehab Act BTW) and the Administration
has created a climate for more than a decade where it is a sort of us
against them and visa versa which is bad management and illegal and
insidious and, frankly prettty much nuts.

No, there areplenty of good frontline service providers and those who aspire
to be so like yourself. I have no problems with yu or your aspirations or
with those in this feild. The problem here starts and ends with the
administration of MCB which fosters once again a "them against us and visa
versa and anti-consumer environment tthat is so heavy, so dangerous, so
documented and so obvious that it is like a cancer upon both the public
trust, and the staff and the evever revolving staff mislead about
objectives, purpose, mission and then even esxestitentialism, or being able
to maintain the job itself if he/she doesn't kow tow to Patrick D. Cannon or
his minions. And that is wrong, corrupted practice, and...well illegal,
repreprohensible, unethical and ludicrous. Those are just a few adjectives
and frankly, I went through them without swearing like a sailor or worse and
I'm giving myself a big pat on the back for doing that for it was hard, very
ahard to do so indeed.

Anywya, you Cheryl are not the problem and I praise you for caring. I'll
give you and anyone in this state some advise though. Get the heck out of
Michigan so long as this adiministrative team is in place including the
Director. Nothing will ever be resolved in this state regardless as to
philosophy and what not while a purely and totally incompentent Director
without any knoledge formal or otherwise is at the helm of MCB

Get your degree and get out of Michigan is my best advise so long sas this
corrupt regime is in place. And I mean this advise not out of malice and not
out of disrespect for you or your profession. Nor do I mean it for those
customers who are and have been in need from the get go. I mean this Cheryl
from the bottom of my heart. This system is bad news, not your doing and not
the doing of goodly professionals, and especially frontline professionals.
But, it is a lanced boil nonetheless and things are messy and going to get
really much more messy. so, I've got to say on a personal basis protect
yourself, take cover, and get the heck out of Michigan and save your soul
and your posterior. Sorry to put things so susinctly especially as you are
of goodwill but this place under Cannon and all and givin the eeconomic
conditions is a true basket case of the likes I've never seen before.

I'm not asking you to leave for our the blind's sake, but for your own as
Cannon and others have ensured there  is no future for we the blind or VI
here in Michigan.

Joe