[nfbmi-talk] Great Rehabilitation Professional Program with NFB philosophy

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Fri Apr 15 03:33:30 UTC 2011

HOME

CONTACT US

LA TECH HOME

LA Tech logo

PDRIB logo

ABOUT US

PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT

RESEARCH

CONFERENCES

SURVEYS

Welcome

The Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness at Louisiana Tech

University is looking for individuals who are seeking a meaningful and rewarding

career in the field of blindness! The need for qualified professionals to work with

the blind is at record levels in our country today. The Institute on Blindness provides

outstanding professional preparation for individuals entering the field of working

with blind children or adults and our graduates have been eagerly sought after by

employers from all across the United States in both public and private sectors.

We are committed to providing leadership in creating programs and conducting research

that empower blind individuals not only to live independently, but also to participate

fully in society. We take pride in maintaining high academic standards. Not only

are the Master's degree programs at the Louisiana Tech University non-discriminatory,

but they are also designed to exceed the standards and competencies of traditional

university training programs.

Click here to WATCH A VIDEO ABOUT OUR GRADUATE PROGRAMS

The Institute on Blindness has worked in partnership with the Louisiana Center for

the Blind, one of the leading adult orientation and adjustment training centers in

the United States, to develop the following graduate level programs:

◦  Master of Arts with Certification in Teaching Blind Students

◦  Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction with Cognate in Teaching Blind Students

◦  Master of Arts in Industrial/Organizational Psychology in Orientation & Mobility (O&M)

By combining the best university education and agency training techniques, the Institute

on Blindness has created a unique program that will produce the most qualified teachers

of blind children and Orientation & Mobility instructors. We extend an invitation

to blind and sighted individuals to find out more about this exciting opportunity.

Financial assistance may be available.

RELATED LINKS

NFB

NBPCB

LCB

LA Tech Home

PDRIB - LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY ©2004-2010 INSTITUTE ON BLINDNESS