[nfbmi-talk] braille is importand and free phone2phone

Georgia Kitchen gakitchen at gfn.org
Wed Apr 27 23:27:06 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Great Jeff. It is so cool you are practicing the  Braille. I read The NY Times Large type weekly in  Braille and use it for purposes around the  house as Cheryl talked about.

I was talking to someone about hard copy Braille which I love. It seems that it is becoming more and more expensive to p produce especially the cost of the paper and the labor involved. My friend mentioned these issues in favor of using a  Braille display if possible. I have a Braille Note and use it daily but I have not mastered the knack of reading large documents on it.  I have read some but really didn't like it that well. Maybe I need a smaller length display...
I can't imagine not knowing braille. I  carry a plastic slate with m so I can jot down notes.

I found in Top ten Tibits a phone service called free phone 2 phone that allows you to make a ten minute international call once a month free.
I haven't tried it yet but if you are using a cell the   you can use any access code. Here is one

810-213-4161

Hope this isn't off topic but I thought it may help some folks who  find it difficult to afford international calling.

Best,

Georgia