[nfbmi-talk] change in the College Policy

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 03:06:31 UTC 2011

Hello Larry,

Thank you for sharing this information. It is nice to see this communication taken place. However, regardless of who is responsible for filling out this new form, it is still a violation of the Rehab Act as amended to apply a means test to students who receive Social Security benefits. Since this new form appears to create a means test for college students, it should be thrown out completely, or the agency needs to set a policy that this form will not be used when working with students who receive Social Security benefits. Anything less would be in violation of the Rehab Act. Based on the resolution we passed at our recent state convention, I would imagine that the NFB of Michigan advocates for the elimination of this form.

Elizabeth