[nfbmi-talk] Fw: foia foia foia

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Jul 13 20:37:20 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Farmer, Mel (LARA)
To: 'joe harcz Comcast'
Cc: Cannon, Patrick (DELEG) ; Arwood, Steve (LARA) ; Brown, Melanie (LARA) ; Haynes, Carla (DELEG) ; 'sally.conway at usdoj.gov' ; Przekop-Shaw, Susan (AG)
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:22 PM
Subject: FW: foia foia foia

Mr. Joseph Harcz, this notice is in response to your July 8, 2011 email request (enclosed) under the state's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), MCL 15.231 et seq., for records you describe as ".Related to Cannon Shower Campaign Activity during Work Hours".

Please be informed that , pursuant to MCL 15.235, Sections 5(2)(b) and 5(4)(b) of the FOIA, the Department denies your request and certifies that the public records requested do not exist in this Department under the description you provided, or by another name/description known by the Department.

Under MCL15.240, Section 10 of the FOIA, you may submit a written appeal regarding the denial of any portion of your FOIA request to Steven H. Hilfinger, Director, Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, ATTENTION: Mike Zimmer, Chief Deputy Director, Ottawa Building, 4th Floor, P.O. Box 30004, Lansing, Michigan 48909. The written appeal must include the word "appeal" and state the reason(s) for reversal of the denial. You may also seek judicial review in circuit court within 180 days of the Department's denial determination. If you prevail in such action, the court shall award reasonable attorney fees, costs, and disbursements. If the court finds the Department's action(s) to be arbitrary and capricious, the court shall, in addition to any actual or compensatory damages, award punitive damages in the amount of $500.00.