[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Try To Send An Email To The President

Marcus Simmons MarcusSimmons at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 01:47:03 UTC 2011

FYI

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dale, Kareem A." <Kareem_A._Dale at who.eop.gov>
To: <MarcusSimmons at comcast.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:51 AM
Subject: RE: Try To Send An Email To The President

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your email and sorry about the difficulty.  David forwarded your
email to me, and I handle disability for the President here at the White
House.

I also am blind and use a screen reader (Window-Eyes).  The place where you
submit comments does have an audio option  below where it asks you to type
in the security information. The link is called get an audio challenge.
Once you click that link, it will verbally speak the words.  Admittedly,
when I listened to it today, it was difficult to understand and there are
quite a few words to remember.

However, after you click that link, there then appears 2 options above the
box which are links entitled Play sound again and Download sound as MP3.
So, you should try all these links to be able to understand the sounds.

And, again, we are going to look into making this a bit better and easier to
use.

Thanks again for your email and sorry again for the difficulty.

Kareem Dale
Special Assistant to the President
The White House