[nfbmi-talk] 12 minutes for NFB MI consumer presentation

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 16:05:22 UTC 2011

From: "Jo Ann Pilarski" <pilarskij at charter.net>
Subject: MCB Meeting times

I'm on the run between last day and my retirement
thing tonight but realized I hadn't sent out the
word on presentation times.  They will be a bit
shorter for everyone this year, as we have many
people who have asked to present at our meeting.
Admin reports and special presentations will have
to be limited to 12 minutes in order to give
everyone a chance to speak.  Larry sent me many
items he would like placed on the agenda, but the
agenda has been filled up for some time now.
This  meeting's agenda should resolve our backlog
from back in December.

I am asking everyone to honor the time frames
offerred.  Doing the best I can to give everyone a
chance to speak. I am asking Sue to give
presenters a 2-minute reminder.  Because some of
you have expressed many concerns about various
issues in different departments, feel we need to
hear from managers  in person.  We have the
written reports, so hoping managers will present
highlights and allow for questions.

In addition, as I have been reminded at a previous
meeting, blind people have to arrange in advance
for transportation, get home to take diabetes
medication, etc., in time,   I want to work to
stick to our time commitments.

I am aware that you might have differing ideas
about how the agenda should have been set.
Hopefully, we will get some questions answered
about P.A. 260 and the budget process, which
should address some of the issues raised.  Also,
you will note that Elsie is on our agenda, as is
Sherry, so you can address issues about TC and
Budget that are not answered from June 16.

See you next week.  The June 16 Board Workshop
will run from 1:30 - 4:30.  Public comment will be
entertained after our workshop.   I have invited
MCBVI to the table so that both consumer groups
will be represented at this workshop.

Respectfully,

Jo Ann