[nfbmi-talk] request 504 accommodations M Protection and Advocacy Services itself

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Jun 29 12:50:16 UTC 2011

June 29, 2011

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI  48458

E-mail: joeharcz at comcast.net

Cell: 810-516-5262

Re: Accessible request for information IRS Forms 990

Elmer Cerano

Director

Michigan Protection and Advocacy Services, Inc.

(Via e-mail)

Dear Sir,

I am legally blind and am writing you today to remit the past three years of MPAS’ IRS Forms 990 in accessible format and a timely manner pursuant to your obligations under Section 504 (auxiliary aids and services provisions) as your entity is a copious recipient of federal funds from the United States Department of Education, and the United States Department of Health and Human Services to name just two.

I am requesting this document as a Word document sent to my e-mail address listed above.

Moreover, any correspondence to this request should be made via simple e-mail. And a failure to promptly respond to this request for accessible information is in and of itself a violation of Section 504 and will be dealt with with complaints to the Offices of Civil Rights, the United States Department of Justice, and other actions.

One would think that the Protection and Advocacy Service for the State of Michigan would be able to promptly comply though it has failed to take one action over years against other recipients on this effective communications issue for the blind citizens of Michigan.

I thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.