[nfbmi-talk] door prize letter 2011.rtf

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Thu Sep 29 21:30:33 UTC 2011

Hello,

Below is an email version of our door prze letter and attached is a word
processor version more suitable for printing.  please seek out door prizes
from merchants and other sources for our convention.  We also need items
suitable for auction items.  Home baked breads and cookies do very well.
People like fudge, also.

Please try to find items that are easier to transport home.  Electronics,
audio books, music andother items are all good candidates.  Apparel is good
for the auction, especially team stuff.  Tigers will be hot this year, not
so much Wolverines. (smile)  Spartans are always a hit.  (big smile)

I want to thank Diana Mohnke for drafting the letter.  You made my job much
easier.  So, please get lots of prizes so that our convention can be the
best yet.

Warmest Regards,

Fred

Dear Friend,

Thanks for taking an interest in the members of the National Federation of
the Blind of Michigan. We are the oldest and largest group of the organized
blind and we are proud to say we have made significant differences in the
lives of blind people.  We strive to change negative attitudes about
blindness held by the public at large as well as individual blind persons.

   We are requesting door prize and auction items for use at our annual
state convention. We also need food or cash donations for our hospitality
room for supplies for our members and guests, some of whom, often come with
few financial resources.  Our state convention will be held the weekend of
November 4-6, 2011 at the Clarion Hotel in Kalamazoo, MI.

   This year we are holding an auction to raise funds to carry out our many
planned activities to improve opportunities for jobs for blind persons.  If
you would like to send your donation or you would like further information
about our convention or other blindness related items please contact

Fred Wurtzel

517-485-0326

f.wurtzel at att.net

Our 501 c3 Number is: 51-0136079.

Thanks so much for your generosity and for helping us to change what it
means to be blind in Michigan.

Best Regards,

Fred J. Wurtzel

Door Prize Chair