[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Recall: GovernorSnydertoIssueNewExecutiveOrder Next Week

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Apr 17 21:57:32 UTC 2012

I wonder how anyone can talk about honorable governance and talk about the
implied  benelevence of the same  the very goverment that screws us all in
the same time and with the same brath. and ignorance of state and federal
laws all at the same time. Isn't this a bit like asking a rape victim andone
horribly abused and tortured to boot to not only bow down, genuflect and
other wise to plead fealty to her offendors and abusers but also to have her
act as a recuitor, and then for those recuited to say, "Well I got recruited
and all tht and why are you attacking the recruitors of this stuff? I mean I
got a real good job with those recrutors or had one once upon a time a long
time ago and..."

Listen we either have federal and state criterion for laws or we do not and
that goes to funding and federal resources, let alone civil rights
obligations rightfully told here in plain language by Dave Robinson! He is
right on and more right on and in case you haven't noticed it even more
right on in these pithy terms.

I am as outraged by your comments not only to those of we who are blind in
the mastery over our conditions, fait, and our political outcomes as I am to
the assault upon fundamental democracy which we all should have a stake in,
and, after all else is grist for the mill on this list as we, the blind, the
organized blind, are to be masters of our own faiths or at very least to be
included, simply included in the process of these things.

I can't believe that any person who is blind whether democrat, Republican,
or visa versa; whether agnostic, atheist, Muslim, or Jew; or Catholic or
Baptist or anything in-between can think that we, as organized blind folks,
let alone sovereign individuals can be left out of the democratic functions
that govern us! It is outrageous sir!

This outrage goes in many cases to NFB and ACB and non-affiliated members
themselves and many of whom I love, but am outraged against.

We cannot argue on the one hand for self-determination, sovereignty over our
own affairs, whether small or large, and at the other hand work at cross
purposes and cut our own selves and notions of information, let alone
self-determination to be cut off at the pass as you suggest in some sort of
blind fealty to some sovereign, and in this case Republican master, or
executive who knows not one thing about blindness, and in my mind and again
in documented form nothing about the democratic process prescribed in law.

If you all wish to give up good and equal governance for security might I
remind you all of the words of Benjamin Franklin who said, "Those who give
up a measure of liberty for security will garner neither."

And for that matter let me quote Franklin once again when he said to his
fellow revolutionaries at the advent of the revolution, "We must hang
together or surely we will hang separately."

Fred, sir and with all due respect I not only am incensed with your words
and your sell out to us as blind people. But I'm outraged at your sell out
here to anything remotely in line with the American tradition of law, equity
and fundamentals of the democratic process as you seem to think that things
are peachy as to give up everything to some sort of sovereign like Governor
Snyder!

Giving up basic liberties as defined by the United States Constitution, and
to laws relative to though the blind is anathema to all I am.

And I have been constant in these regards whether they come from a
Democratic or Republican administration or whether corruption, waste, and
fraud and abuse comes for that matter from Republicans or democrats.

We aren't supposed to be a charitable government like the Lions Club. We are
supposed to be a government of law, based upon constitutional principles,
with equal opportunity, due process and protections for all.

I, for one will not hold out my hand to the tyrant no matter who they are
like the character in Taurus Bulba to only have his hand cut off by the same
tyrant!

I study politics, economics, and that includes those of we persons with
disabilities including those who are blind. I've studiedly history. And we
are doomed to repeat a miserable history if we don't get our collective act
together and damned quick.

For those who fear their current positions, and their meager stipends
whatever the context, whether it be a nominal job with MCB or a contract or
whatever let me tell you this is gone and a thing of the past.

We are the proverbial Jews in the Warsaw ghetto being picked off one by one
and then with another swipe of the sword the rest of us will be gone like
five millions of Catholic Poles in WW II.

Oh before folks think me hyperbolic here let me tell you all and remind you
all of the first who were gassed in the Nazi exterminations. They were the
1000,9000 persons with disabilities in the T3 camps in 1940. All were
persons with disabilities including thousands who were blind.

Now, while I disagree with President Maurer on a number of things and while
I disagree with his political sentiments not being a Republican he is most
correct in the general ramifications of the denigration of basic and
fundamental rights and to our fundamental rights to access the very system
of our purported liberation over all else.

My Lord how bizarre it is to have a Vocational Rehabilitation system that is
not over all else fully accessible to people with physical and sensory
disabilities as it was intended to be and as a condition of Section 504.

Is this supposed to be a pass through to the state governments without
oversight or discharger even basic accountabilities these VR and IL funds?

Or are they just perks with crumbs being doled out to a few PWD sellouts
with the rest going to state general funds?

If the latter is the case then I say, "Bllow the thing up and let the states
screw themselves."

If these are meant to be federally funded and mandated programs based upon
not only federal civil rights mandates, but also a majority of federal
funding then I say, "Do what the laws require and don't give a sop, by
sim[ple and stupid and cupidity like responses to vagrent and malavelent
powers that steal these friking monies from purposes they were mandated for
and for the purposes they were mandated for to begin with."

And no excuses either here for either Republican or Democrats, or
independents for that matter.

Law, equity and federally funded programs should be above all that sort of
bull shit! So should America, but in this last sentence I do digress...