[nfbmi-talk] ford racing news

Gkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Fri Dec 7 06:05:00 UTC 2012

Hi, This newsletter is now on Newsline. Ken happens to get it from the Mercury Club for a while yet. It is on Other Information
It is below also.
                  View in Browser | Share This:

            Fast News from Ford Racing December 7, 2012 | Volume 5 . Issue 49

            FordRacing.com | Ford Racing Performance Parts | Clubs & Events | Ford Performance Vehicles

                  IN THIS ISSUE:
                  . Ford Racing News . Enhance Your Ride . Clubs & Events .
                  . Ford Fan Spotlight . Ford Performance Vehicles . Did You Know? .

                  FORD RACING NEWS
                  Penske Reveals 2013 Miller Lite & Shell/Pennzoil NASCAR Fusions
                  For the 2013 NASCAR season, the two biggest changes on the Ford front are the return of Penske Racing to the Blue Oval and the debut of the beautiful new 2013 NASCAR Fusion racer. Luckily we've got news on both, as Penske racing unveiled renderings of its two new Sprint Cup contenders this week. Check out 2012 Champion Brad Keselowski's "Blue Deuce" and Joey Logano's No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Ford Fusion.

                  VIDEO: Stenhouse Jr. and Kelley Reflect on Championship Season
                  In just his third full season behind the wheel of a NASCAR Nationwide Series car, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. now has two championships under his belt. While he's excited about his move to Sprint Cup in 2013, Stenhouse knows it was his time in the Nationwide Series that prepared him for racing on the big stage next year. Hear from Stenhouse and Crew Chief Mike Kelley as they reflect on winning back-to-back championships in this VIDEO.

                  A Year in Review: GRAND-AM's Rolex and Continental Series
                  It was a banner year for Ford Racing in GRAND-AM with unparalleled levels of competition across each of the series' classes. The season couldn't have started on a higher note following a sweep of the Daytona 24 Hour podium and a win by Roush Performance in the Continental series earlier that weekend. Ford also laid claim to Daytona Prototype wins at Indianapolis and Watkins Glen, while Roush added a second win at Mid-Ohio. Check out our season recaps for GRAND-AM's Rolex, Continental GS and Continental ST classes!

                  Hänninen Set for Debut in M-Sport Prepped Fiesta RS WRC
                  Juho Hänninen will compete in an M-Sport prepared Ford Fiesta RS WRC in the opening two rounds of next year's FIA World Rally Championship, Rallye Monte-Carlo in January and Rally Sweden in February. The 2010 IRC champ will have the experienced Tomi Tuominen as a co-driver, and will test a Fiesta RS WRC for the first time later this month. For more on Hänninen, check out FordRacing.com.

                  Block, Gittin Jr. Appear on Down & Dirty Radio Show
                  Jim Beaver's Down & Dirty Radio Show delves into all-things action motorsports and this week's episode features two of the action motorsports world's biggest stars: Ken Block and Vaughn Gittin Jr. While their 2012 seasons have come to an end, both are quick to point out that there's really no such thing as an "off-season" in professional motorsports. Tune in to hear what Block and Gittin are up as they prepare for the 2013 season. Block's interview begins at the 28-minute mark and Gittin kicks off at one-hour, six-minutes. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN!

                  'Tournament of Ovals' Has Begun! Stay Tuned in and Vote Today
                  For the second consecutive year, Ford's Tournament of Ovals is under way as a fun-filled competition to choose your favorite Ford Racing drivers heading into 2013! The competition began December 1st and first-round winners so far include Aric Almirola, Toomas "Topi" Heikkinen, Carl Edwards, Brian Deegan, Jack Roush Jr., and Bob Tasca III. Check back in each day this month to vote for new drivers ahead of crowning a new Tournament of Ovals Champion on New Year's Day. VOTE HERE!

                  Enter Now for Your Chance to Compete in the Octane Academy!
                  With one season under our belt, it's almost time for Season Two of the Octane Academy Founded by Ford! Four finalists will drive home in new Fords, plus the Season Two champion will get a Ford Racing experience of a lifetime! Sound good to you? You could be a contestant on the next season of Octane Academy by signing up and submitting a short video telling us why you have what it takes to win! For all the details on how you can become a competitor in the show's next season, visit OctaneAcademy.com.

                  Ford Takes Seven Class Wins at Best in the Desert Off-Road Finale
                  Last weekend's Best in the Desert Off-Road race marked the end of the Ford Racing calendar here in the States, and the Ford and Ford-powered trucks competing did so in style with seven class victories. Rob MacCachren drove Steve Sourapas' Ford Geiser to the overall and 1400P class-win in the TransWest Ford Henderson 250. Other Ford class-winners came in the 1100P, 1200P, 7100P, 7200P, 8000P and 8100P classes. Congratulations to all!

                  Global Spotlight
                  Davison Shines at V8 Supercar Season Finale in Sydney
                  Last weekend marked the final race weekend of the 2012 Australian V8 Supercars season, and Ford Performance Racing ended it on a high note as Will Davison took the victory in the year's last race. The win was Davison's eighth of the season and it secured him fourth place in the drivers' championship standings. For more on Davison's first-place finale finish, CLICK HERE.

                  ENHANCE YOUR RIDE
                  2013 Mustang Boss 302S Production Gets Under Way!
                  In preparation for the 2013 racing season, Ford Racing is hard at work building the 2013 Mustang Boss 302S. The Mustang Boss 302S is designed for "sprint" road racing events and is legal to run in the SCCA World Challenge GTS class and NASA American Iron and ST2 Classes. Open Track enthusiasts looking for the ultimate Mustang track car will find the 2013 Boss 302S to be a bargain at a MSRP of $85,000. Since its reintroduction to wheel-to-wheel racing in 2011 the Boss 302S has won the following accolades:

                        . 2011 SCCA World Challenge GTS Manufacturers' Championship
                        . 2011 SCCA World Challenge GTS Drivers' Championship
                        . 2011 SCCA World Challenge GTS Teams' Championship
                        . 2012 NASA American Iron Championship & NASA ST2 Championship

                  For more information on the Mustang Boss 302S program CLICK HERE.

                  Ford Racing Introduces Z460 Crate Engine at PRI Show
                  Following the hot rod saying, "There's No Replacement for Displacement," Ford Racing announced a new Z460 crate engine at the Performance Racing Industry Show in Orlando, FL. With a displacement of 460 cubic inches, the Z460 is the largest small-block ever offered by Ford Racing. The Z460 builds on the long-running lineup of FRPP small-block crate engines and it is available with either a front-or rear-sump oil pan to fit the builder's needs. Just add an intake, carburetor and accessories and the Z460 is ready to rock with more than 500 horsepower. Can't get enough from the PRI Show? Check out our extensive PHOTO GALLERY from the show!

                  CLUB NEWS
                  Ford Performance Info Center Offers 2103 GT500 Calendar Free
                  When You Buy $50 or More in FordShowParts.com 'Cool Stuff'
                  For a limited time, the Ford Performance Info Center is offering a FREE, Ford SVT 20th Anniversary 2013 Shelby GT500 wall calendar to all Fast News readers who purchase $50 or more in enthusiast merchandise from www.FordShowParts.com.

                  The limited-edition 12x10-inch wall calendar includes a dozen incredible full-color GT500 photos as well as a center spread that commemorates "20 Years of High Performance" with an SVT product timeline. This collectible 2013 calendar is not offered in stores and makes a great gift! For info on all the cool stuff we have available for Ford performance enthusiasts, check out our FordShowParts.com web site. Once you're there, purchase $50 or more in merchandise (not including shipping), and our special calendar will be included FREE with your order. You can also place a phone order with the Ford Performance Info Center at 1-800-FORD-788 and request your FREE calendar on any purchase of $50 or more now through Dec. 31st.

                  And in case you've missed some of the top events we showcase each week in 'Fast News,' look for exclusive coverage in our Enthusiast News Room, like the inside story behind this year's Sturgis Mustang Rally. It's Ford enthusiast and club perspective that you can't find anywhere else on the Web, and it's only available on FordRacing.com!

                  FORD FAN SPOTLIGHT
                  Lawrence Gryzenia and Friends from the StangFix.com Forum
                  Find Mustang Camaraderie on the Power Tour in Stillwater, OK
                  Usually, we put one or two people at a time in our Ford Fan Spotlight, but Lawrence Gryzenia and a few of his buddies from the StangFix.com online forum wondered if they could qualify for inclusion as a group. All things considered, we've decided these guys are, indeed, Ford fans who are worthy of our spotlight:

                    "During this summer's 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour, a group of us from the StangFix.com forum got together at Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater, OK, for a bite to eat, some Mustang conversation, and what we saw as a great Mustang photo op. Hope you guys agree ."

                  Thanks, Lawrence, and a big Ford Racing shout-out to all on the StangFix forum! To read about other Ford fans we've featured so far this year, simply scroll through our Enthusiasts News Room. And if you know of other folks who deserve our recognition, send info (and hometown) plus a few photos (or a link to a YouTube video) to: AskTFR at Ford.com. Then check Fast News each week to see who we'll pick to be in Ford Racing's "Ford Fan Spotlight!"

                  FORD PERFORMANCE VEHICLES
                  Motor Trend has a Blast at Miller Motorsports Park's Raptor Assault
                  Ford Racing's Raptor Assault at Miller Motorsports Park is one of the latest ways in which you can get your Ford Racing performance driving fix, and Motor Trend recently did just that! Ride along with Jessi Lang as she takes on the Raptor Assault's rock-crawling course, short course and open desert area. Check out the video HERE! Want to find out how you can participate for yourself? For more info, check out RaptorAssault.com.

                  Ford of Australia Builds Country's Most Powerful Police Cruiser Ever
                  Thanks to Ford of Australia, criminals will want to think twice before running from the police. With a supercharged V-8 good for 543 horsepower, the new Ford Falcon GT police cruiser is the most powerful car the Australian Police has ever had at its disposal. Luckily for would-be criminals, though, the car will be used primarily as a Public Awareness Vehicle at car shows around Australia. Get the details on this fast-Falcon HERE.

                  DID YOU KNOW?
                  It's Your LAST CHANCE to Win Ford's Mustang 5.0 Fever Sweepstakes
                  All year long, we've been telling you about Ford's Mustang 5.0 Fever Sweepstakes. One lucky winner will drive home in a brand-new 2013 Ford Mustang GT as well as $5,000 worth of Ford Racing Performance Parts and Ford Custom Accessories! Any Ford performance enthusiast would love to win this great prize, but you have to enter to win, and time is running out! ENTER NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

                  Win a '12 Ford H-D F-150 in NHRA's 'Nitro Generation Sweepstakes'
                  All good things must come to an end, as they say - and so, too, will the NHRA's Nitro Generation Sweepstakes. This Thursday and Friday are your absolute last days to enter this exciting sweepstakes, in which one lucky winner will take home a 2012 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 and a 2012 Harley-Davidson Seventy-Two motorcycle! Many other prizes are available too, such as a 55-inch Sharp LED TV, Traxxas RC monster trucks and much more! ENTER NOW BEFORE THIS GOOD THING COMES TO AN END!

                  FORD RACING FANS

                              Join us and get up-to-the-minute Ford Racing news and infotainment.

            SIGN UP FOR FAST NEWS: If you are receiving this email because it was forwarded to you by someone else, you may subscribe here.
            Change Email Address | Instant Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy

            This email is powered by AdTrak360.

            This email communication was sent to you because you are a registered member of Ford Racing. We hope you enjoy it, but if you don't find it valuable, please Click here to unsubscribe.