[nfbmi-talk] newsline

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 01:09:48 UTC 2012

20812 Ann Arbor Trail
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
December 17, 2012

Dear Michigan Federationists:

    Newsline is  for all legally blind Michigan residents. It may soon
be shut off because it is not being fully funded. The Rehabilitation
Services Administration has declared that Rehabilitation dollars can
be used to fund Newsline. The Commission for the Blind forwarded$ 8,5
million last year and $6.5 million this year. The Bureau of Services
for Blind Persons should be funding Newsline since it has a jobs
feature and gives needed information to the blind community. With
money to promote Newsline, we could have five thousand subscribers or
more. States that have adequate promotion drastically increase the
numbers of subscribers who use Newsline. This is why we need $80.000
to run Newsline in Michigan, plus $30,000 to promote it.

Sincerely yours,

Larry Posont, President
(313) 271-3058
Email: president.nfb.mi at gmail.com