[nfbmi-talk] 2012

Terry Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 04:36:09 UTC 2012

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for your dedicated work on the MCB Board, united with John and
Larry.  I am convinced some others in positions of power and authority just
could not accept and cope with the voice of the community of the blind
having been represented by such a strong group of advocates as you, John,
and Larry, for the rights, values and principles that we as Federationist
live our lives out in word and action.

I am so excited and pleased by your work in the youth transition to
adulthood field.  In my interview for the bureau director position, I
emphasized a dire need for greater resources being focused on youth and
young adult services, partnerships and linkage with Education, ISDs, and
parent from a young age.  I personally observed the valuable benefits of the
former Youth Low Vision program the MCB once had and run by Mike Ellis.  It,
in my opinion, in addition to glasses and the such, took the pulse of the
whereabouts and ongoing challenges and needs of blind and deaf-blind youth
in the public school district system, and positively contributed to shaping
and advancing transition services.  There is a wide gap that needs filling
between the age of youth entering school and the age of transition services.

Keep up the Excellent effort and dedication for the best interest of our
youth in particular, and all blind of Michigan.

Best regards,

Terry