[nfbmi-talk] anyone know what this was for?

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Thu Feb 9 13:17:12 UTC 2012

Thanks Chris.

I've got nothing at all against the Lions so far as they go.

And this is a piddling amount in the scheme of things.

But, I look at bigger relationships with non-profits and shake my head at
the literal millions over the years that gets exchanged back and forth
between a federally funded state agency.

I look at the outright scandal for example where the state wide independent
living council formed a non-profit and then used that as a vehicle for
effectively extorting (my term) contributions from CILs and then using this
fund to increase Federal match for MRS and MCB and then controlling
disbursements back to CILs skimming the difference and round and round that
merry go round went until the money was so  effectively laundered that no
one could account for it.

Sorry for the digression but this all does go into cover ups and activities
that were hidden and eventually partially came to light during the RSA
monitoring of both MCB and MRS.

There should be a federal investigation...Oops there was but it was pretty
limp wrested at the out set in my opinion.

Regardless the corruption over all is institutionalized and most especially
with MRS and MCB's relationships with community rehab programs (more nominal
non-profits), but really the blood sucking sheltered shops with sub-minimum
waivers all deplore.

Say did anyone notice the big ones like Peckham "profits" have actually gone
up even in the recession and even after the horrendous scandals, exposes,
GAO audits, etc. in the middle of the decade when of all people Elmer Cerano
Chaired NISH, our beloved activist and Executive Director of Michigan
Protection and Advocy Services?

Wow I just gave myself a headache with this rant...written between taking
the garbage out...which isn't the least ironic, and germane to this
rant...though the sentence surely is a run on one...lol...

Peace with Justice and Garbage Removal,

Joe