[nfbmi-talk] who autorized mcneal to serve on new horizons?

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 00:06:03 UTC 2012

January 7 2012 Cannon Request for Authorization McNeal

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI  48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

To: Patrick D. Cannon

Director, Michigan Commission for the Blind

(Via e-mail)

Dear Mr. Cannon,

By now everyone has seen the ludicrous letter from Attorney, John Cashen, of Bodman, PLC to NFB Michigan President Larry Posont concerning one of NFB’s resolutions.

This resolution regards the apparent conflict of interest issue relating to MCB East Regional Supervisor, Gwen McNeal serving on New Horizon’s Board of Trustees was also discussed during the MCB meeting of December 9, 2011 with you directly in inquiries made by Commissioner Schuck.

Regardless the most relevant part of the letter is as follows and Cashen is talking about Gwen McNeal here:

““She obtained approval from MCB before assuming a trustee position at New Horizons.””

Now is this true? If so just whom at MCB gave her the approval? Was it you? Was it Leemon Jones?

Was approval given in writing?

If so I request once again any and all documents related to this affair in accessible format and a timely manner which is as either Word attachments or plain text enclosures to my e-mail address listed above.

You know that is an ADA/504 request right? You know by now I’m blind right?

By the way if you don’t think this is a conflict of interest then why did you Mr. Cannon file an ethics complaint which you can’t deny and is in the public record against former MCB Commissioner Mark Eagle for conflicts of interest?

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.