[nfbmi-talk] rehab act ada meeting info request

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Wed Mar 7 13:10:56 UTC 2012

March 7 2012 ADA Rehab Act Request

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI  48458

810-516-5262

joeharcz at comcast.net

Re: Information Related to Next MCB Meeting

Patrick D. cannon

Director, Michigan Commission for the Blind

(VIA E-mail)

Dear Mr. Cannon,

I am writing today to request all correspondences and all information including draft meeting minutes, ALJ rulings, state plan data, and information related to the financial activities of the Michigan Commission for the Blind and the establishment of the agenda for its next scheduled meeting. Of course, these should include all correspondences between yourself and MCB Commissioners as well as all LARA staff including Deputy Director Arwood in this regard.

As these documents relate to meetings required under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and whereas that very act requires all information related to them is made routinely available and accessible to members of the public this is not a Freedom of Information Act Request. Rather it is again a request made pursuant to known obligations; known civil rights obligations, pursuant to relevant provisions of the Rehabilitation Act and provisions of Title II, subpart e, of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

I, as a blind citizen request timely delivery of the requested information without surcharge as either/or Word attachments to my e-mail address listed above and/or plain text enclosures to same.

Failure to respond let alone to provide the requested information is a violation of my civil rights and is actionable.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.