[nfbmi-talk] Leader Dog Summer Experience

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 9 22:33:00 UTC 2012

Do you know a teenager who could use a week of fun, outdoor activity and friendship this summer? Would that teen enjoy the challenge of developing new travel skills and stretching their independence? If so, the Leader Dog Summer Experience was designed with him or her in mind.

Our Summer Experience combines outdoor camp activities like kayaking, rock wall climbing and tandem biking with things exclusively Leader Dog-audible pedestrian GPS training and the opportunity to try-out the guide dog lifestyle. The combination helps teenagers increase the skills they need to Live Independently!

The Leader Dog Summer Experience is for boys and girls ages 16 and 17 who are legally blind. The program is completely free including airfare-and everyone receives a free Kapten PLUS audible pedestrian GPS device to keep.

Please forward this email to everyone you know who may be interested in attending our program. The Summer Experience is scheduled for June 22-June 29, 2012, so time is of the essence. For more information and to start the application process, go to www.leaderdog.org/programs/youth or call our Client Services department at 888-777-5332.

Thank you for helping us put this information into the hands of a teenager who can benefit from our Summer Experience.

Take care,

Rachelle Kniffen

Director of Communications & Marketing

Leader Dogs for the Blind

248-659-5013

leaderdog.org

Enhancing the lives of people who are blind and visually impaired.

To learn more about how we help empower our clients to increase their mobility, independence and quality of life visit us at www.leaderdog.org.

Leader Dogs for the Blind
1039 S. Rochester Rd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48307