[nfbmi-talk] FW: [msb-alumni] Re: Mary Jenkins, Commission for the Blind Supervisor dies at 84

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Fri Dec 6 00:43:23 UTC 2013

From: msb-alumni-bounce at freelists.org [mailto:msb-alumni-bounce at freelists.org] On Behalf Of Vickie Rolison
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 6:07 PM
To: msb-alumni at freelists.org
Subject: [msb-alumni] Re: Mary Jenkins, Commission for the Blind Supervisor dies at 84

Oh yes, I know Fred what you’re saying.  I totally agree she always meant well and was very creative in her budgetary planning. Plus, I believe she gave of herself more than any of the supervisors could have even imagined or tried, before or after her tenior with the Commission for the Blind.  She would drive to the U.P. in the ugliest of weather conditions by herself, and paid out of her pocket to keep facilities open when no one would bid on them and kept the people interested in coming to the snack bars.  I believe she gave 120 percent of herself to the State of Michigan and got very little in return.  God bless Mary Jenkins for her diligence and caring. When she did decide to take a vacation which wasn’t very often, she would bring back presents to all the staff and some of her favorites in the stand program.  In fact, I’m still wearing the shirt she brought me from Arizona.  It has holes in it and has been worn thousands of times, but its still one of my favorite shirts.  You can feel the raised western colored leaves, flowers, and Duane says the colors have stayed true, over the years where other shirts I’ve purchased for myself have faded.  Did you go to the viewing today Fred? Did other staff former or present, show up? Just curious.

Vickie Rolison