[nfbmi-talk] Conflict of Interest Complaint

Lydia Anne Schuck lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu
Tue Oct 22 13:47:07 UTC 2013

Hello Listfriends,
Thanks to all for a warm and friendly convention.
I am not opposing what has been said here, but just want to add to the discussion. When it comes to non-profits, such as New Horizons, board members annually report any interests they have in the operation. Having an interest does not mean there is a conflict of interest. The organization's board somehow decides whether a particular person's interest is a conflict.  In a small non-profit, the board may just talk about it.  In a larger non-profit, there may be a committee or lawyer who checks it out.  Please correct me, someone, if I misunderstand this.  And really, I do think there are true conflicts here, just want to shed light on the process.

Lydia Schuck