[nfbmi-talk] Fw: tim hortons essenberg payments again

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 14:12:23 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: joe harcz Comcast
To: Rodgers, Edward (LARA)
Cc: zimmerm at michigan.gov ; Farmer, Mel (DELEG) ; bsbpcommissioners at michigan.gov ; Christyne.Cavataio at ed.gov ; Elmer Cerano (E-mail) ; MARK MCWILLIAMS ; BRIAN SABOURIN ; Joe Sibley MCBVI Pres. ; Marianne Dunn
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:50 AM
Subject: tim hortons essenberg payments again

October 22 2013 Rodgers et Al Essenberg Tim Hortons Payments

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.

1365 E. Mt. Morris Rd.

Mt. Morris, MI 48458

joeharcz at comcast.net

810-516-5262

Re: Essenberg Expenses for Tim Hortons Training

Ed Rodgers, Bureau of Services for Blind Persons

Michael Zimmer, Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Deputy Director and BSBP DSA

Carla Miller Haynes and Melvin Farmer FOIA

(Via E-mail)

All,

As you know I’ve requested information related to the Tim Hortons fiasco and all that went into it including expenditures for Robert L. Essenberg from BSBP accounts for training at Tim Hortons’ Oakville, Ontario (Canada) facility. Now the purpose of the FOIA is to weed out waste, fraud, and abuse by public entities and actors. Yet, this simple request was greeted with arbitrary, capricious and open ended requests for me to pay for a simple search of these records.

But, stop the presses I found some of the information on DTMB’s web site (see attached) after an extensive personal search.

Now, clearly LARA and BSBP are embarrassed by their reckless behavior related to this but that is no excuse for hiding information.

Moreover, I now am sending you all an invoice which totals oh say $745,000 for all my work in trying to expose the waste, fraud and abuse by your agencies over the past year. (I chose that figure as it was the ludicrous one used last year when I went after public information related to Executive Order 2012-2.)

You folks have abused my and all people’s right to information and moreover have discriminated constantly against the corollary obligation of blind persons to receive information in accessible format.

That is documented in the now public record.

Sincerely,

Paul Joseph Harcz, Jr.