[nfbmi-talk] NFB Deaf / Blind Division Outreach Program

Marcus Simmons president at map-n.org
Mon Sep 2 12:31:28 UTC 2013

Dear NFBMI member,

The NFB Deaf / Blind Division has taken on the challenge of contacting the deaf / blind community to determine if any may be in need of assistance in upgrading their communication skills with the rest of the country. Therefore, I am requesting you contact individuals that might qualify for this program. These people may be inside or outside of the NFB.

The program title is "I Can Connect" and is funded by the federal government.

The following are the points we want to achieve:
1.  Identify more people with deaf-blind issues
2.  Ensure all eligible people are aware of and have applied
     for equipment under the iCanConnect program
3.  At all times, respect privacy
4.  Help people with deaf-blind concerns communicate with
     each other
5.  Encourage membership in the N.F.B.
6.  If so indicated, encourage a deaf-blind committee in each
     state.
7.  Ensure interested deaf-blind citizens understand the resources
     available to them.  They may need guidance in working with the
     agencies responsible to provide their services.

Please send all contact information to me at:
president at map-n.org
This information will be used in the strictest confidence.

Thank you and God bless.

Marcus Simmons,
Second Vice-president,
NFB Deaf / Blind Division