[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Board Agenda 1-28-14

joe harcz Comcast joeharcz at comcast.net
Mon Feb 10 14:07:36 UTC 2014

    All,

I send out this pro forma regular response for timely agendas and minutes from my local school board.

In fact my local district has complied with the ADA, 504, and relevant state laws for years now. And by the way they send me other requested information upon request.

Yet, BSBP doesn't remit minutes or even in its last meeting the agenda even upon request. Nor does MPAS do this as routine. Neither does the Michigan Civil Rights Commission.

Moreover, they illegally misapply their violations of FOIA and circumvent federal civil rights to receive this information in a timely and accessible manner.

Now what does it say that all of the outfits that are required to and funded to make their programs accessible to the public don't even act like a little old school district?

It is outrageous that in the case of BSBP alone it is not fully accessible to the blind and that includes employees, customers, advocates and members of the public who happen to be blind.

Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act is nearly twenty four years old and Section 504 (which sure in the heck applies to these federally funded entitities under the Rehab Act which funds them) is more than 40 years old.

Now it is time for all these entities to come in to full compliance or to be de-funded for their stark violations of law and equity to my person and the class, which is highly documented.

Joe