[nfbmi-talk] Fw: Please distribute this special announcement

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 09:32:20 UTC 2014

From: Kevan Worley
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 6:05 PM
Subject: Please distribute this special announcement

CONTACT:

Cheryl Gross

Merchant Relations

National Association of Blind Merchants

Phone: (866) 543-6808, extension 14

cherylgross at blindmerchants.org

National Association of Blind Merchants

Announces Lone Star BLAST 2014

Colorado Springs, Colorado (November 8, 2013):  The National Association of Blind Merchants (NABM), a division of the National Federation of the Blind, today announced that it has entered into an agreement with the Business Enterprises of Texas to bring Business Leadership and Superior Training (BLAST) to Texas in November of 2014.  BLAST is the national education networking and trade show event.  The conference draws participants from the Randolph-Sheppard community, the blind pursuing other business ventures, rehabilitation professionals, and companies doing business with blind entrepreneurs.  Lone Star BLAST! 2014 will be held at the Austin Renaissance Hotel from November 18-20, 2014.

Nicky Gacos, president of the National Association of Blind Merchants, said: "We have begun to plan the biggest, boldest, most far-reaching training for blind entrepreneurs and state agency personnel.  It will be a BLAST as big as Texas.  By starting our planning so early we will put together training that truly informs and inspires everyone associated with business enterprise programs as well as many blind entrepreneurs with an interest in business outside of the Randolph-Sheppard program.  We promised that we would hold BLAST 2014 in Texas and we will.  If you dream it, plan it, and work hard at it, you can do it. So just do it."

The NABM and National Federation of the Blind Entrepreneur Initiative will jointly plan the conference. They are seeking ideas that will address the diverse training needs and aspirations of blind entrepreneurs and those with whom they work.  Working in conjunction with the RSA Buying Group, the association has already begun planning the biggest trade show in its history.  BLAST seminars will begin midday Tuesday, November 18, with business development training on the morning of Wednesday, November 19.  The trade show will take place Wednesday afternoon.  There will be a full day of targeted education related to personal and professional growth on Thursday, November 20.  BLAST will conclude with an all-star Lone Star BLAST banquet and celebration on Thursday evening.

Room reservations at the luxurious Austin Renaissance will be available soon at the unbelievable low rate of $129 per night plus applicable taxes.

Austin is the home of the most diverse and lively music scene in the world.  NABM invites you to come for the high-caliber training, networking, and Texas hospitality.  In an e-mail to constituents, President Gacos said: "If you plan to attend any national training conference in 2014, make it the Lone Star BLAST!"

Conference registration and hotel reservation details will be available in early January 2014.  To offer your ideas for the kind of training you'd like to have at the Lone Star BLAST, contact Kevan Worley, program chair, at 866-543-6808 or kevanworley at blindmerchants.org. NABM has already begun accepting trade show exhibitor registrations.

Think national training! Think opportunity! Think Austin Texas! Think BLAST! Just do it.