[nfbmi-talk] Vernal Equinox Birding Weekend Agenda

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 00:18:46 UTC 2014

Hello All,

Donna asked me to post the agenda for the Vernal Equinox Birding Weekend
taking place this weekend at Wildwood Ranch in Howell, Michigan. You will
find the agenda attached to this message as well as pasted below my
signature.

It looks to be a great weekend, and those of you who are not planning to
attend this event will surely be missing out on some great fun! This event
is truly for everyone regardless if you are a nature lover, or if you just
simply want to keep me company inside by the warm fireplace. Space is still
available for anyone who would like to join us.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth

-------

Vernal Equinox Birding Weekend March21-23,2014
Wildwood Ranch
4909 Brophy Rd.
Howell, Michigan

Friday, March 21, 2014

6 pmCheck in and settle into your home in the woods
6:30 pm Dinner in the dining hall
7:15 pm Introductions around the fireplace-dining hall
8 pm Owl Prowl
8:30 pm Eating Like a Bird
9 pm Games: Headbands, Birdbrain style, Name that bird, Birdbrain Jeopardy
and snacks
10 pm return to cabins
10:30 pm lights out
If you are a night owl, please be mindful of the other Birdbrains who are
roosting and resting

Saturday, March 22, 2014

7:33 am Sunrise
7:45 am Rise and join the dawn chorus
8:30 amBreakfast in the dining hall
9:30 am Habitat exploration, traveling trails, nesting news, and pheasant
facts with Kirk
11:15 am Hot chocolate anyone?
11:30 am Talking Turkey with Fred
12:30 pm Lunch
1:30 pm Branches, Bark, Buds with Barb
3:00 pm Sled riding and snow tubing or reading by the fire with Elizabeth
and Mary
4:30 pm More hot chocolate anyone?
4:45 pm Tracks and treats with Carol
6 pm Dinner
7 pm Birdbrain Jeopardy with prizes
8:30 pm S'mores and popcorn and Butterfly kisses
9 pm "The Big Year" or games by the fireplace
10 pm Head to our nests
10:30 pm Lights out/roost and rest

Sunday, March 23, 2014

7:31 am Sunrise
7:45 am Rise and shine withthe sun
8:30 am Breakfast
9:30 amCitizen Scientists-collecting bird data with Donna
10:30 am Traveling the trails
11:30 am Feeding the birds-feeding the campers
12:30 pm Lunch
1:30 pm March migratory madness
2 p m Wrap up, clean up, pack up
3 pm Migrate home

Thanks for sharing your weekend with "Birding by Ear and Beyond." We hope
you enjoyed "Sensing Nature's Beauty." This event was generously sponsored
by the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan and the University of
Michigan Dearborn Environmental Interpretive Center, 4901 Evergreen Rd.
Dearborn MI, 48128